Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nest #3

Here's the third sparrow's nest I've removed from the bluebird box. They are quite persistent little guys. This is after two days ... and inside there was actually an egg! Sorry, but the nest and still got removed (the nest and egg are being sent with Derek again to his school for part 2 of show and tell)...I'm sure the sparrow egg kidnapping violates the spirit of Earth Day somehow - but I'm still holding out for my bluebirds! I keep telling the sparrows that they can be around and lay their eggs, just NOT in the bluebird house!

2 comments:

Mike(Grandpa) said...

Sparrows are one of the only birds that California DOES NOT protect so you go girlprotect your Bluebirds...Sparrows were an import from somewhere else an we are all allowed to get rid of them.

Mandy said...

I have learned so much from reading your blue box adventures! I had no idea how much effort it took to get a bluebird to nest. Thanks for sharing the great pictures!