Thursday, April 16, 2009

April Showers...

You know the saying, April showers bring May flowers....but what do April SNOW showers bring? I guess we'll have to wait and see after our strange Tuesday night snow flurry. Very weird! So far it only brought frozen fingers. Tuesday after work I came home to help Derek finish painting one wall and our kitchen. It's turned out great (I'm waiting for daylight over the weekend to try and snap some pics) - but as we ended I was cleaning out the bucket outside, scrubbing and rinsing it as my poor little fingers became numb with the cold. The snow had stopped a bit but dang if it still wasn't SUPER freezing outside. I got the bucket clean but had to run inside and defrost my fingers in front of a heater because I literally could not stand the pain anymore and I was starting to drop things as my fingers were too numb from the cold. I suppose that it hurt like heck meant they weren't technically frostbitten, but it sure felt like it!! Mental Note = no more painting in freezing weather if you're going to have to run the hose over your fingers in freezing temperatures!

1 comment:

Mike(Grandpa) said...

I hope you left the heat on inthe house because paint doesn't cure well in low temps. Don't mess around with frost bite!!!