Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holiday Journey - Postlogue


Well...it's probably a good thing that Derek and I made sure to come home Christmas night. That night, after such wonderful days of festivities, Michelyn woke up in the wee small hours of the morning feeling nauseaus and throwing up. Just to be followed the next day by chills, achy muscles, and fever...yep the flu. My wonderful husband was very supportive and nurturing, bringing me fluids, etc. as I lay curled up in the fetal position on the couch. I truly felt like the only way I would get anywhere was to crawl. Then....about 4-5 hours later, Derek started with the same flu stuff. So from the 26th until today, we've pretty much been out of commission - quite pathetic...and the poor dogs just don't understand why we just sit, lay around, and moan. Thankfully fevers broke night before last, but we're still just wiped out. I was planning on going into work Thursday and Friday but never got there. Today is the first day we feel much better but neither of us has a great appetite and we're just trying to get energy back.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh no...you poor things! I thought about calling you, but figured you'd be busy at work...glad to hear you are both on the mend now!