Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Holiday Journey - Part 3

Mon. Dec. 24 -- The night before and Christmas Eve morning, Derek and I got to visit his step-mom, Martha. We don't get to see her as much as we'd like so it was a special treat.

Here's Sabina.....



In the afternoon, Derek and I stopped to visit Grandma Van Etten, Pete, and Brian and Mary. It was good to see them all. We then stopped quickly by the rehabilitation center where Grandpa Van Etten is for a few more days and then he'll be coming home.

Since the next day would be my grandpa's birthday, Derek and I stopped at Riverside National Cemetary. It was the first time I'd seen his memorial marker and the tears just came flowing. But what a beautiful place to go to remember him --- we miss you, Grandpa!

We also got to see Derek's dad's grave-stone which was really special too as he and my grandpa are buried at the same cemetary.





No comments: