Monday, November 17, 2008

I finally finished the dog house project. We got this dog house from some church friends and thought we could insulate it to add some warmth, for Shasta in particular. Last Saturday I cut and fit some styrofoam-looking insulation pieces using our hack saw -- no injuries but then it rained Sunday. So the attaching of plywood (so they wouldn't shred the insulation) was post-poned to this weekend. Derek did the major cutting of pieces with the circular saw but everything else I did. Everyone who knows me knows I don't really like "fixing" things or using tools, but I 'sucked it up' and made use of the drill, screwdriver, chisel and metal brackets. I even made a Home Depot run or two. Whew...glad it's done and over - now if we can only get Shasta to use it! At least I know that she doesn't have to be freezing if she doesn't want to be and she has a dry, warm place to go.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

It looks like you did a fantastic job!