Monday, May 5, 2008

Mockingbird?

Okay...so we have this bird...who just will NOT shut up at night. I'm all for having a bird friendly backyard - heck I make sure they have food....but this one! this one just sings away for hours around 3AM. I looked on the internet which said that, commonly, unmated male mockingbirds will sing in the night - so I'm thinking that might be it....but I haven't actually seen the little bugger so I haven't been able to make a positive identification.

I also brought in my hummingbird feeder last weekend and cleaned it up - it had been rather icky all covered in dirt, etc. So I put some fresh sugar water in it and sure enough the little hummers found it within a week. They are so cute!

Oh, and if anyone is looking for a yummy dinner for those summer nights, check out this recipe for a chicken-orzo salad with goat cheese:

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1723375

I fixed it last night and it was quite delicious!

No comments: