Saturday, May 24, 2008

Beware the Thai Chili!!!!

Well, to celebrate a Friday (for they are always wonderful things!), Derek and I went for Thai food here in Tehachapi. One of the dishes we ordered had these small greenbeans on the side and so I popped one in my mouth -- hey, I love green beans. Instantly I knew it was NOT a greenbean, apparently it was a Thai chili. OH MY GOSH - it was the hottest thing I have ever tasted - instantly burning my tongue, making my eyes and nose water, I couldn't talk! I just let the ice from my water melt in my mouth. The waitress/owner came by and said, "Oh no, that's a Thai chili, you're not supposed to eat those!" -- Yeah, well I had already figured that out!

So lesson learned....and for anyone else who likes Thai food, here's what the little buggers look like:


STAY AWAY FROM THEM! From a Thai food website: "The most famous one must be 'prig kee nu'. It's a very short, small green and red pepper. It is about one inch in length. It is the hottest of the pepper family."

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh man!!! Mark would be very proud of his sister-in-law!