Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was low-key but very much needed and appreciated to have a day off of work.

I finally got a pic of our local quail - I love these handsome little birds! You might need to zoom in, but they are so cool.


Derek spent much of the weekend creating "defense-able" space - June 9 is the Tehachapi deadline for trimming back weeds and brush. We need to get the poor guy some boots - these shoes were basically shot - we weren't even going to try and pick off the foxtails


I knitted a sock! Go figure! It ended up being a little crooked but I can work on that -- I was just thrilled it actually looked and fit like a sock!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Love the sock! Are you sure the sock is crooked? Maybe it's just your foot that is crooked. :)

Launa said...

It does not look crooked to me, just cute and comfy!