Thursday, March 12, 2009

San Joaquin Kit Fox

Tuesday night I went to a monthly meeting of the Tehachapi Mountains Birding Club -- just to do something interesting to me and nurture my nature interest :) They had a speaker about these cute little foxes that are endangered but inhabit the Bakersfield area. So many of the pictures they showed were actually right around my office building and where I drive/go to stores on lunch breaks. Of course, now I look for little foxes everywhere but none spotted so far!!! Apparently these little guys don't go up into the hills of Tehachapi (we have only grey foxes up here, so I learned) but aren't they just too cute!...and apparently when they're studying them and trapping them for research (they release them afterward), they bait them chicken and of all things hot dogs!

2 comments:

Mike(Grandpa) said...

Mikie, dad from Atlanta. We went to our monthly Bluebird meeting last Saturday and found out that a Palmdale school is making 100 nestboxes for us. You nned one to monitor. Dad

Nicole said...

How sweet they look