Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bring It!

This is going to be mine and Derek's new mantra for the next 90 days. In an effort to get more fit (and I want to lose some pounds) we're taking the P90X challenge -- a new set of intense workouts that will hopefully get us on the right path. I'm not sure if I'll get the "totally ripped" body that's advertised, but exercising once a day for about an hour is bound to make some positive difference! And Derek and I get to do it together.....ahhhhhhhh, isn't that sweet? We do genuinely do like working out together and it gives us a goal and focus in the evening after a day's work.

Of course we've only done 3 days - but what a workout they've been! Day 1 was Chest & Back (I've never done so many push-ups), Day 2 was Plyometrics and yesterday was Shoulders & Arms -- tonight we've got Yoga! My muscles are definitely rebelling and throwing tantrums - they cannot figure out why I would choose to do this to them - so I'm definitely feeling it and getting stiff and sore - in the good kind of way. Plyometrics totally kicked my behind on Day 2 - I didn't even know what it was but it's basically doing controlled jumping and quick movements like training for sports! Whew, I had to take some long breaks during that one and couldn't even do some of the moves. But, like the video says, I'm just going to "Bring my best, and forget the rest!"

No comments: