Thursday, June 19, 2008

Baby Bison?

Derek and I were sitting on the couch last night. He was skimming the PennySaver - he loves to do that to see what's out there! We were laughing at baby goats for sale...can you imagine what the dogs would do with those? Probably about a month or so ago, we were out garage-sale-ing and there was a house down the block from the one we stopped at who had a baby goat just bleating away -- it was a regular house, not a farm, and sure enough they even had a boxer dog and another kind of dog -- and there was the baby goat on top of the barbecue just making all kinds of noise -- very cute! but noisy.

So Derek adds, "What about a baby bison? There's one in here that's 8 weeks old" -- I said, "A bison? Someone's selling a bison?" and he said "Yeah, people own bison" -- which is true, but I was like, "Don't they raise them in herds or for food?" I thought it sounded strange for even the PennySaver. So I looked over his shoulder and saw he was looking at an ad for a "Bichon"!!! I busted up laughing! I'm like, "that's a little white dog, honey! a little lap dog!" and we both just cackeled.

Not sure if it's the same telling it on the computer, but it was a fun moment!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is hilarious! Man, I was hoping he really meant a bison....we could have one heck of a bbq in a couple of years!