Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ouch

Well, as I make my way closer to my new Kaiser job, I've had to get up to date on vaccinations, etc. Today I got three shots in my arms! I got a Hepatitis B vaccination - optional, but what the heck, I'd rather not worry about contracting that disease! I also got a TDaP - Tetanus plus Diptheria and Percussis - yep, I'll be vaccinated against those ugly diseases too, although this is the one that will make my arm sore! The one I was totally surprised by was a measles shot! Now you might be asking, like me, didn't I have that in an MMR shot like when I was two or something? Yep, I did, but for whatever reason, sometimes they wear off with age (just what I needed to hear as my birthday is in another month) - and my blood level was 0.83 when you need at least 1.00 to be considered "immune". Go figure! Well, to all of my little nephews and nieces who have had shots/vaccinations...Auntie 'M empathizes.....

No comments: