Sunday, February 28, 2010

Frogs & Shrooms

And so with all this rain, we now enter our "Irish" stage with beautiful green lushness!

I was out walking Shasta in the backyard and we saw this huge mushroom growing on the outside of the fence. It reminded me of a fairyland :)


And then I heard VERY loud frog croaking from our little 'seasonal' creek -- I so wanted to see what kind of frog it was but I only caught a glimpse of it swimming to the other side. But I'll keep my eye out for it and maybe soon I'll have a pic :)


Here's a local squirrel - I'm sure he's what Monkey barks at incessantly at night!

And last but not least...my flowers are starting to wake up from their winter sleep -- YAY!!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Naughty squirrels....teasing the poor pups!

Launa said...

Spring is in the air...watch for new little green signs of life. Amazing how plants sleep and then know to wake up in spring:) And we are there, waiting for their return.