Sunday, October 7, 2007

Saturday Morning Nature

The Western Bluebird...ok, you may have to save this picture and zoom in on your computer & it doesn't have the most blue on it, but I promise it's a bluebird! We actually have 4 or 5 that fly around our backyard, they seem to be nesting in the oak tree by the creek in the back...I think I read somewhere that they like mistletoe. This might be a juvenile....I love to watch them because they're fluffy and pudgy...the males are quite striking...as they fly around, you just see these beautiful flashes of blue! Here's our local scrub jay...a fun bird to watch as they hop around trying to bury acorns.


Successful transplant! This beautiful rose bush came to Tehachapi courtesy of my Dad & Launa...we weren't sure if it would like the move, but ever since the drip system was set up, it has flourished with the regular watering.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Oh...I found him in the tree...he is cute and pudgy!